Sunday, September 18, 2011

To the 20 something, Jobless Madrasan Ji : Drink Responsibly, Write Responsibly


To the 20 something, Jobless Madrasan Ji : Drink Responsibly, Write Responsibly J

Congratulations! You finally managed to seek enough attention through your blog which you, quite obviously, couldn't have managed with your looks (per described in your last rant).  What amuses me the most about your latest one is the post script. The direct inference of the  highly “ juvenilistic” post script of your article is like my sister’s childhood apologies, when confronted for her mischief; "Okay okay! I am sorry! But mind you, I am not apologizing ". What you blurted out there would give even the most retarded of them, a sneak peek at the current state of your ego machinery. Where, the once rusty gears are now moving much smoother over each other, probably from the immense slime hurled at them recently.
I will try to explain why things turned out to be as they did and how, a petty Madrasan, became the very unlikely "hot” cynosure of admiration and rebuke. It’s  simple cyber dynamics at play. You post something slanderous on a personal blog, which is not so personal as a couple of hundred people have subscribed to it. Now these innocent people, incensed or amused, further post the blog link on their facebook, twitter, websites, emails and it goes viral. Trust me, if you had chosen to write about the current state of Indian politics, you would've been begging people for comments. But, owing to your intentional attention seeking qualities, you chose to slander, and slander on a blog  (which you claim as an innocent rant). I do believe in the freedom of expression. But that doesn't mean I can rape someone, given that’s the way I look at expressing myself. There has to be some sense of responsibility and some lines drawn. “Loose talking” about sensitive issues like regionalism, color, religion (yes religion, since you mentioned Gurpurab, and how you are offended by "sms"s greeting you the same. Its the holiest festival of the Sikhs) is quite unacceptable unless you do it with your drunk friends. Undoubtedly, you shouldn't have ever put to paper what transpired between you and your drunk best friend :))).  Not everyone has a funny bone and different people interpret things in a different way. You see, there are enough Delhi boys, like me, who because of their English handicap, may read “come” as “cum” and then for them it would make the whole thing sexual.  J
Lastly, my dear Madrasan, when there’s a choice between watching Scarlett Johnson getting nanga and a Desi Madrasan getting Delhi Boys nanga, then yes people will choose the latter. Even if it’s 'fictitious'. I can't fictitiously be racist/regionalist (which I know you aren't or meant to be) and get away with it.
Death threats sound like really horrifying stuff and speaks of the variegated organisms the society is composed of. It’s condemnable (like Chidambram’s  rue at every bomb blast), but I am not surprised that it happened. As for the unsuspected newspaper stint, I won't even go there. Newspapers will publish anything, anything, even my blog that has the letter 'A' typed one million times, if it goes viral. So don't let that bother you .
Take it easy,
Punjabi Munda
P.S. - Sorry if I sounded like your dad lecturing you about why you shouldn't be speaking to 'em boys at school. I find it hard to believe that you/your friends actually delete comments from your posts. That’s totally like not being able to take criticism. It comes in different forms. Accept it!

1 comment: